Terms & Conditions
1. PAYMENT TERMS We accept most major credit cards including Visa and Maestro and payments are processed securely via either the SagePay Payment Server or the PayPal Payment Server. Payment is taken on despatch of the order.
2. CURRENT PRICES at time of despatch apply to all orders.
3. NEXT DAY CARRIAGE is free of charge for all orders over £100. (UK mainland only – excludes highlands and remote areas). We charge £7.95 Next day service for all orders under £100. Orders must be placed by 2pm for Next day service.
4. WARRANTY normally 12 months from date of invoice. Please refer to information below.
5. MINIMUM ORDER value £20 excl. carriage and V.A.T.
6. Goods may be returned for credit only by prior arrangement. Faulty items will be sent back to the manufacturer for analysis and will either be repaired, replaced or credited depending on the outcome of the inspection.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. These general conditions shall apply save as varied by specific
agreement in writing and if these conditions conflict with any conditions of the Purchaser. these conditions shall prevail.
FORMATION OF CONTRACT
2. The contract of sale shall be concluded by the issue of an invoice or delivery note by the Company containing these conditions and any representative of the Purchaser shall be deemed to have authority to contract on such terms.
DESCRIPTION OF GOODS
3. All data included in catalogues. circulars, advertisements and price lists for the Company shall be deemed to be approximate only.
DELIVERY AND PASSING OF RISK
4. Delivery of the goods shall be deemed to take place when they are actually delivered to the Purchaser or his representative or to the Purchasers premises when the risk as to loss and damage in respect of the goods shall pass to the Purchaser.
5.1 Prices are exclusive of VAT, and payment shall be taken on despatch of the goods.
TITLE TO GOODS
6.1 Ownership in goods supplied by the Company shall not pass to the Purchaser until payment for such goods has been received by the Company in full and in the meantime the Purchaser shall hold such goods (the retained goods) for the Company but at the Purchasers sole risk and snail store the same in a satisfactory state and condition.
6.2 If the retained goods are incorporated into other goods by the Purchaser the outstanding payment shall be charged upon those other goods (the charged goods).
7.1 The Company may enter and remove retained goods or charged goods from the Purchaser’s premises.
7.2 In respect of retained goods recovered by the Company it shall give credit to the Purchaser for either the invoice value of the goods or their deteriorated value if they are not in pristine condition less interest under clause 5.2 and the costs and espenses including legal fees incurred by the Company in connection with the recovery procedure.
7.3 In respect of charged goods the Company shall sell them and account to the Purchaser for the balance after retaining the invoice value and the other deductions specified in clause 7.2.
7.4 If the retained goods or charged goods have been sold to a buyer any amount due from that buyer to the Purchaser (for whatever goods or services) shall be deemed to be assigned to the Company and the Purchaser shall supply the name and address of that buyer to enable the Company to give notice of assignment and recover that amount and give credit or account to the Purchaser substantially in accordance with either clause 7.2 or 7.3.
GUARANTEE AND WARRANTY
8.1 The guarantee period shall be 12 months from the date of the invoice.
8.2 During such period the Company shall remedy any defects in the goods arising out of defective materials or workmanship provided that the Purchaser shall give immediate notice verbally and in writing of such defects to the Company.
8.3 Immediately after giving such notice, the Purchaser shall return the defective goods (or any part thereof) to the Company at the Purchaser’s risk and expense.
8.4 The Company shall repair or replace the goods within a reasonable period or at the option of the Company the invoiced price of such goods shall be refunded to the Purchaser thereby discharging the Company from any further liability for any consequential or other damages except that after repair or replacement the goods shall be guaranteed for the remainder of the guarantee period only.
8.5 Liability of the Company hereunder shall not arise if the defects result from misapplication, misuse or other fault of the Purchaser in relation to such goods.
8.6 if goods are covered by a supplier’s or manufacturer’s guarantee the terms of such guarantee shall be deemed to be accepted by the Purchaser in substitution in the foregoing guarantee and the Purchaser shall be responsible for ascertaining which guarantee provisions apply.
9. The company shall be under no liability if it is unable to perform a contract of sale (including delays in delivery) for any reason beyond its control including Act of God, fire, inclement or exceptional weather conditions, official or unofficial industrial action, hostilities, shortage of labour, shortage of material, failure of power or other supplies, governmental orders or intervention by any other cause whatsoever of an unexpected and exceptional nature.
10. The law relating to the supply of goods by the Company shall in all respects be English Law and the Purchaser shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Our standard warranty period is 12 months from invoice date.
FAULTS: It would be of great assistance if you can give details of fault found. Please include a brief report with returned goods. Failure to do so may delay processing the warranty claim.
FOR COMPRESSORS AND CONDENSING UNITS
Please comply with the following points. Failure to do so will invalidate the warranty.
1. WARRANTY NUMBER LABEL. Compressors and condensing units are supplied with a numbered warranty label. THIS MUST NOT BE REMOVED. Ouote this number in all returns notes/correspondence, etc
2. WARRANTY EXPIRY. If you have an item which is approaching the end of its “warranty life’, then you can take advantage of our advice date’ system. Just phone, write or fax us, quoting the warranty number. This should be done as soon as the fault is discovered. We will use the date we hear form you as a reference point when checking to see if the item is still under warranty.
3. RETURNING OF CLAIMS. Faulty items must be returned to us for examination, carriage paid and adequately packed.
4. SEALING OF COMPRESSORS. All returned compressors will be checked most thoroughly, and we must therefore insist that they are returned with their connection stubs sealed. In the case of Maneurop, please use the nuts and sealing discs provided.
5. ELECTRICS. Use of non standard electrical accessories will invalidate the guarantee.
Make sure you include some paper-work with the returned goods, especially your name and address — it helps us to help you! NOTE When we supply advance/free of charge replacements they are only covered by the remaining amount of unexpired "warranty life”.